Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Short Meditation on Pain and Redemption



     Pain has a funny way of creeping in between your bones; it fills all the crevasses and seeps into your soul. For me, the onset of the timeless ancient condition was not a sudden dispensation, but a subtle, insidious and violent introduction into my psyche. Pain had niggled its way into all the good, innocent and bad parts of me, taking what was once or could have been a sweet well balanced person, and transformed me, in all the negative connotations that one can summon to mind, into something that could have only pleased the will of Satan. One day all that pain took its ultimate toll on my heart, and I died. The goodness that was in Jesus’ mind when He made me was killed by the sin that we all participated in through my abuser. The very words make little sense to the rational nous, but upon realization at the right moment, the spiritual mystery is recognized. We all participated in Adam’s sin, we all are guilty. It is the collective conscious that Jung realized, yet he could only see it partially, he could not recognize it for its fullest theological meaning. We all collectively have shared in something, the sin of Adam. And it was that very sin which stole something from me, which stole something from Jesus. Jesus came to kill that which hurt me; he came to conquer it with the sharpest knife imaginable, love.
     Yes, it was His love that conquered sin, championed the defeat of my pain. To restore that which was broken Jesus died. He gave His life for mine. What was taken can never fully be replaced, what Jesus first created, but in its place is something better, a prize soaked in the blood of Jesus’ sacrifice. He atoned the sin of he who was hurt and then hurt, He atoned the sin of me who hurts because I was hurt. How precious is this blood, this blood that ransomed me, that cleansed me through and through, so I can be free. So I say to you, live this day, live this day! Know that what has been taken from you will not be returned, nor replaced, but transformed. It has been transformed into something far better and greater than what we could have imagined before all hell broke loose in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts